Keto Breakfast Egg & Sausage Sandwich Recipe – I certainly wasn’t the first person to make something like this Keto McMuffin Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich and I definitely won’t be the last. I first saw a variation of this a few years ago on Nom Nom Paleo. Every time I would see it pop up in my newsfeed or on Pinterest, I always told myself I was going to make something similar, but I just never got around to it until now.
Anyone who’s on the keto diet knows bacon is a staple on the menu. However, if you want something a little different to start your day, try this super tasty Keto Breakfast Egg & Sausage Sandwich Recipe!
If you are following a low carb or keto diet, then you have probably gotten pretty bored of plain old bacon and eggs for breakfast. Although they are two of my absolute favorite foods, I am always looking for ways to jazz up low carb breakfast foods. If you are just starting out and are looking for recipes to help you become fat adapted and get into ketosis, then this recipe is a great place to start. Perfectly low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
Keto Breakfast Egg & Sausage Sandwich Recipe
- 6 frozen sausage patties, heated according to package instructions
- Avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 3 slices cheddar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl beat eggs, heavy cream, and red pepper flakes together.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Pour about 1/3 of the eggs into the skillet.
- Place a slice of cheese in the middle and let sit about 1 minute.
- Fold the sides of the egg into the middle, covering the cheese.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining eggs.
- Serve eggs between two sausage patties with avocado.
Keto Breakfast Egg & Sausage Sandwich Mcmuffin Recipe
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 sausage patties, cooked (find my recipe here)
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- a few slices of avocado
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place lightly oiled mason jar rings or silicone egg molds into the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the rings and use a fork to break the yolks and gently whisk.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove the eggs from the rings.
- Place one of the eggs on a plate and top it with half of the mayonnaise.
- Top the egg with one of the sausage patties.
- Top the sausage patty with a slice of cheese and avocado.
- Put the second sausage patty on top of the avocado and top it with the remaining cheese.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the second cooked egg and put it on top of the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keto Breakfast Egg & Sausage Sandwich With Grilled Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices Texas toast, or other thick-sliced bread
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Patties
- Heat large skillet or grill pan over medium heat.
- In bowl, mix together cheddar cheese, cream cheese and dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out 8 slices of Texas toast.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly, spreading on each slice.
- Top 4 of the slices with 1 1/2 sausage patties each.
- Place the other 4 slices on top, cheese side down.
- Butter the outsides of the bread and grill on the skillet until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
Thank you for visiting Keto Breakfast Egg & Sausage Sandwich Recipe